Sunday, March 30, 2014

Painting the Figure (SOLD)

An oil painting of the female figure by Þorgrímur Andri Einarsson


The figure is becoming one of my favorite subjects to paint. Although the drawing and all the subtleties in color and value can be quite challenging for me. But, slowly but surely it is becoming easier and more satisfying to do.
When I am painting the figure or portrait, I tent to paint more on the realistic side. I am doing this intentionally because I think it is good to be able to copy what you see tone for tone, to be able to better get a way from that realism in a convincing way. I really want to understand what I´m seeing when painting the figure. I want to get to know all those proportions, shapes and lines, and I want to familiarize myself with all the colors. I am always surprised to see how many different colors there actually are and I find it absolutely fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment