Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lemon or Lemon juice

A small oil painting of a lemon


I have to say that I prefer the lemon. It is more beautiful to look at, it certainly tastes better, and it is a lot more fun to paint. I was making fish for dinner, and for some reason we always use lemon juice to “season” it before we eat. And since I have been painting quite a few lemons lately, I thought it might be interesting to see them together in a painting.
I see my self as a student of painting first and foremost. Every time I sit dow to paint  I try to relax and calm my self down a bit, cause really I get very excited to start painting. Then I see how I can learn from my subject, how I can make a better painting than my last one was, and how I can learn from my mistakes, and let me tell you I make quite a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment